Prof.Walter:P had this idea on his own and decided to contact Tyrant_lord in the last days of the Map Contest to improve together his original concept and deliver a solid representation of this funny and very progressive universe!
About the map
Welcome to the "Equestria Combat!
You may know the setting by My Little Pony franchise!
Here you will encounter landscapes of fame like:
- The endless Everfree Forest and the beautiful Saddle Lake
- The towering Unicorn Mountains in the north and the extremely cold Northern Ice Field
- There are rich strategic resources at the foot of the Crystal Mountains
At the same time, as a map created based on Equestria at War, the continent where the Griffin was originally located has become a new continent in the game with less than 5 players.
If you are lucky, you can even get there soon and build an outpost!
If you want to fight fiercely with AI or players, I using 5 Players map is recommended.
If you want to enjoy the flow of time flow and civilization development, we recommend 2-3 Players.
Of course, if you want a global battle for territory you feel free to set the Starting Points to 8 Players.
The known problem is that the coastal land territory does not include the surrounding sea area and some plots are too large, with too many strategic resources and luxury goods.
We will make further improvements in the next version.
How to install
- Download the .zip file below
- Right click on the downloaded .zip folder and then extract it
- Search for User/Documents/Humankind/Maps folder
- There will be 6 maps files each one for each start point: pick one!
- Place the .hmap file in it
- Launch the game, select custom map with a simple check-button and enjoy!
Customize Player Spawn
1. Head into the main menu of Humankind and then Extras > Community > Map Editor
2. Click the pencil button on the Map you wanna edit
3. Once in the Editor you can click the flag symbol that says Spawn Points on the centre-left
4. Remove a point by holding down the right mouse button on a tile that is next to the starting point you want to remove. Then with the button pressed hover your mouse over the tile where the starting point is (this works for every tile in the editor)
5. Next you can add your own Spawns. For more information, see III. PLACING STARTING POINTS in the Humankind Map Editor Manual
6. In the end click the top left button that says 'Save As'. Preferably save it under a different name ( like " Rainbow Ponies Better Start Pos").
We want to thank Amplitude Studios for Humankind and this contest, Hasbro for My Little Ponies and last but evenly important our great community! We are an example of how even in a competition you can meet new people and work together to push Humankind even further!