Hi there guys, I'm here for the last time to bring another Contest Map. The following is quite a sad story so I'll annoy you with my logorrheic text once more.
I want to be honest about it, not to induce pity or something like that but because overall is a letdown speaking of my own standards from other maps and also it puts an end to my "rush for content" ( I wanted also to work on other ideas that I am willing to share here now: Sapkowski universe, Age of Wonders, Divinity Original Sin, a my version of Europe, a MTG Ravnica one, a Sword Coast one, a Golarion map and a funny ginormous Horatio head shaped map)!
My project to re-create Auriga, I had this idea in mind but I have procrastinated for two main reasons: first of all, I was anxious about making a gamedevs map that have been just released this year as a community content from the previous game, I felt unrespectful to even thinking about it, even alongside the belief that Amplitude Studios wont bring Auriga as a Day One Mod for the long waited ModKit. Secondly, I had many other maps to do and I thought "well, I could make of Endless Legend my icing on the cake".
Now I am gonna explain why imho this map is actually very free but also difficult to replicate:
- There is only a really small image representing culture borders on Games2Gether
- Even taking screenshot from Endless Legend isn't really accurate
In this map page you can see for yourself since I've put there some examples.
But the really sad part is not yet come...
I was working on the other six maps, even investing gladly more time in fixing issues... my Auriga was there, not fully sharpned and detailed as I wish. I've also mistakenly canceled my original file, so I started again in a sloppy way. It was sad to re-do all the job, so I got mad with myself and canceled it again. For the third time I tried to do my best and untill today my Auriga was in a terrible shape.
Two other brilliant creators in this contest came before me with their version of Auriga so I was a bit discouraged to bring it on. Also my pc had a bad blue screen shut down in fixing my Warhammer Map, so I had even more delay (also some fear that I could have damaged something). So I decided to try my last chance with a Large map instead of Huge for better performance while working on it and actually testing it.
I am many things, I have been many things. Warm and green, cold and gray. Devastated and dying. Now I am alive again, but I fear my new children imitate the old ones. Some claim the mountains or the forests, or build fortresses on the plains. They begin to mistrust, and prepare for war. Still, I love them as as only a mother can. And now I fear for them. I feel the winds of change begin to blow... And this time it may be an all-out storm. I pray that my children will weather this tempest; for nothing is immortal, and one day they may have to survive without me.
My version of Auriga is in Large Seize 130x76, designed for the original 8 races of Endless Legend. At the moment is kinda barren from details and accurancies. Not only because I have less data to exploit into a re-balancing from Endless Legend to Humankind, but mainly because for the release version I have done so little to be accurate, rushing it and forcing myself to focus on Auriga fixes before 6 September. Beyond the deadline is better to wait untill 16 September before touching again the map files we creator post on mod.io , to avoid map disqualification.
After that deadline I will surely bring more of it for every map and I guess to my other ideas already exposed before!!
For now there are few resources, mainly strategic for each starting location.
For the actual world shape I decided to merge both Endless Legend screenshots and the little map we have. It will translate in a more different map, maybe a bit squeezed and concentrated.
Actually my main file is on version 1.0.4
Spawn Points in the media (I've reached maximum folder on MOD IO and I cannot use embed images it seems, another evidence of my bad luck lol)
2- Wild Walkers
6- Roving Clans
7- Ardent Mages
8- Broken Lords
How to install
- Download the .zip file below
- Right click on the downloaded .zip folder and then extract it
- Search for User/Documents/Humankind/Maps folder
- Place the .hmap file in it
- Launch the game, select custom map with a simple check-button and enjoy!
Customize Player Spawn
1. Head into the main menu of Humankind and then Extras > Community > Map Editor
2. Click the pencil button on the Map you wanna edit
3. Once in the Editor you can click the flag symbol that says Spawn Points on the centre-left
4. Remove a point by holding down the right mouse button on a tile that is next to the starting point you want to remove. Then with the button pressed hover your mouse over the tile where the starting point is (this works for every tile in the editor)
5. Next you can add your own Spawns. For more information, see III. PLACING STARTING POINTS in the Humankind Map Editor Manual
6. In the end click the top left button that says 'Save As'. Preferably save it under a different name ( like "Tyrant your Auriga is random Better Start Pos").
Hopefully someone will enjoy my mod, I've applied to the contest and I'll make more maps for it and even further to the future of our journey into this wonderful videogame.
Also If I will get another game edition by winning any related prize containing it I will make a small random contest with supporters to gift it since I already own the game copy on steam! :)
Check my others Detailed Fantasy maps:
- Detailed Fantasy: Warhammer
- Detailed Fantasy: Westeros
- Detailed Fantasy: Tamriel
- Detailed Fantasy: Sildoria
- Detailed Earth: Atlantropa
- Junky Fantasy: Pizzaland
Check also my collab with Prof.Walter:P
If you wanna get in touch, you may find me there:
Humankind Persona Games2gether.com
Thoose are my last thanks in this funny thing that made me so productive from scratch: THANKS Amplitude Studios for all theese years of strategy games you've done for us players! Listening the community is important, isn't it? ;)