- subscribe here or from the in-game browser
- select the Giant Earth Map from the map list in the "new game" menu
- download the attached ZIP in the "release" section below this description
- extract the *.hmap and *.xml file into your "..\Documents\Humankind\Maps" folder (the .xml files are needed by the TCL mod)
- select the Giant Earth Map from the map list in the "new game" menu (the DLC version add the new Natural Wonders)
Here are the 10 starting slots
You can change your starting position by creating a private MP game and changing your player slot (then switch back to SP before launching the game)
If you use the True Culture Location mod, you can have 6 extra AI players on the map (for a total of 16)
Here are the 16 starting positions with the "Alternate" list option in the TCL mod (or when using more than 10 players slot)
And here are the 16 starting positions with the "Old World only" option in the TCL mod
Strategic: except Horses, all are placed on existing real world deposits, earlier resources based on historical known locations, modern resources (Oil, Aluminium, Uranium, Coal) on current exploitation. The number of modern strategic are limited, so don't expect all major known mine/fields. There are a bit more older strategic resources available.
Luxuries: between 3 to 6 of each, in historical locations or regions
Oasis, Hydrothermal Vents, Geysers, Coral Reef, Hot Springs, Huge Trees, Marsh, Craters are all based on know locations. All Cave are on location where paintings where found.
Other features are placed for balance, they will be added or removed with balance passes depending on feedback.
Territories are a bit smaller than the normal maps for compatibility with the True Culture Location and Territory Naming mod.
Initial continent shape was imported using an edited screenshot of my version of the Giant Earth Map for YNAMP as a 3 level heightmap (Ocean, Coastal tiles, Land), everything else is handcrafted from various sources (starting with the YnAMP map)
Cities & Territories real names
If you use the True Culture Location mod, you can have real cities and territories names
- Genghis_Kai : original continent shapes for a squares-tiled map
- Gedemon: continent shapes converted for a hexes-tiled map, hand-drawn rivers, elevation map, forest, features and resources for Humankind based on real world maps
- SeelingCat: territory borders (and naming in the corresponding mod)
- Hormigas: edited continents shape for the Play The World mod
- Elhoim/ oscar3005 for paving the way and answering questions. Mount Roraima presentation are inspired by his Huge Earth map
- Everyone participating on Civfanatics Center, with a special thanks to Boris Gudenuf for the historical reference and all alpha/beta testers (SeelingCat, smartclick20, cuso210)