Adds Units and Techs changes focused on Medieval Era to FreeThinker's Extended Naval Combat.
Of course you need Extended Naval Combat to use this mod properly
In Ancient Era : Moved Battering Ram to « Carpentry », increased land vision range of Scouts and Runners by 1.
- Added a ranged unit who need line of sight called "Slingers" unlocked by "Organized Warfare" which evolve into Crossbowmens
In Classical Era :
- Ballista strenght reduced by 2 and range increased by 1
- Added an hybrid unit called "Skirmishers" unlocked by "Conquest" and an elite unit called "Cataphracts" unlocked by "Mounted Warfare"
- Crossbowmens have they range increased by 1
In Medieval Era :
- Trebuchet strenght reduced by 1 and range increased by 1
- Added an unit called "Sappers" unlocked by "Medieval Warfare", can attack walls, attack without retaliation if he don't move and can also dug-in.
- Added "Macemens" an infantry charge unit
- Added a Tech called "Freehold" which unlock Hamlets and an unit called "Yeomans" (evolution of Skirmishers)
In Early Modern Era :
- Sappers evolve into Mortar
- Added a Tech called "Land Clearance" which unlock a Guerilla Gunner called "Rangers" (evolution of Yeomens, Bowmens and Longbowmens), also added +1 production for forest and +1 food for plains.
- Guerrilla Gunners have less range and less power than usual Gunners but they have indirect fire.
- Pathfinder units also ignore zone of control
- Shield paradoxal illustration : In game, Skirmishers and Yeomans have Shield but it's not the case for Macemens
Battuta patch :
Now like vanilla after Battuta update, Khmer's Dhanvī-gaja is resistant in melee
For consistency all mounted ranged units can move after attack
I suggest to load this mod just after ENC.
Compatible with Cobble's 2 and 14 era star requirement as long as you don't use version 0.1
Vanilla Improvement Project : Compatible but I recommend you to load VIP before and to use the compatibility patch with ENC of course.
Please tell me if you find a specific compatibility issue.
Thanks to FreeThinker for letting me create this mod and wisely helping me out with new ideas and balance issues
The Original mod Extended Naval Combat is FreeThinker's creation I do not own anything about it
None of the art, painting or picture used in this mod is created or owned by me, full credit to artists